Welcome to Our World

Welcome to Our World
Greetings

Monday, November 21, 2011


On the Visit to Kampong Thom
Have you ever been called Jesus?  There are several versions of the Jesus film that is shown in many part of the world.  As you may know the actors who play Jesus have long hair and a beard.  I have a beard and my hair was getting a little long.  During our time of giving aid to the church in Kampong Thom, some of the children saw me and thought Jesus had appeared to them.  An elderly lady expressed the idea that Jesus had come to heal the sick.  Thankfully, I was not aware of these expressions until we had finished the clinics.  I am not certain how I may have responded if knew the name I was given during the clinics, but I know for certain that I am not any where close to emulating Jesus.  I hope they were not too disappointed.  As the people left the clinic they heard who Jesus really is-the Son of God who became flesh and dwelt among us.  He died for the sin of mankind and has paid for the sin of mankind.  He offers the gift of salvation.  I do not desire to be called Jesus, but I invite you to call upon the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment