Welcome to Our World

Welcome to Our World
Greetings

Friday, August 19, 2011

Who Cares??


Who Cares?
In recent days the erratic stock market gives ones mind and heart a workout.  Reports of a double dip recession scream across the headlines.  Now I begin to wonder how these events will shape the future.  I find myself becoming concerned, yes, maybe a little worried.  To where does my heart and mind go for comfort?  As I talk with patients in Cambodia I sense that many live in constant fear.  Often and possibly too quickly and casually, I will point them to the scripture in I Peter 5:7 “casting all your anxiety on Him (Christ), for he cares for you”.  I pass this on with great ease.  My life has been rather mundane and I find my life path has been rather smooth.  However, in recent weeks as I see the potential for my income slowing and my investments dwindling, I must recognize I have pangs of anxiety.  I wonder have I really owned the scripture (I Peter 5:7) I quote to others?  Do I really believe that Christ will take my anxiety and actually care for me?  I must admit that much of the time I feel as I have worked hard for the resources I possess and I am the one who has cared for those resources.  I effect am caring for myself and really suppress my anxiety, thinking my plans will come to pass.  Since my prostate cancer operation, I have a greater sense that my plans owned by me with minimal thought of God accomplishing his purposes.  In my reflective moments, I am beginning to understand I must depend upon my Creator who provides for me and sustains me.  I can plan and scheme, but God knows His purpose and will accomplish His purpose irrespective of my plans.  I need to learn to cast my cares upon Christ and truly rest in His grace and mercy.  The cares of this world should remind me that God is in charge and I am not.  He has conquered the very things I fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment